Sports massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments.
For each treatment I aim to:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
You do not need to be a sports performer to benefit from sports massage. The benefits above can also help relieve the many day to day problems, repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension, fatigue, that everyone experiences.
Sports massage is not intended to be relaxing it can be very intense and slightly uncomfortable if you have injuries, however the feeling afterwards is great with an instant feeling of loose relaxed muscles.